Consultation Visit & Keys:
The goal of this meeting is to make sure both parties are a good fit and for the client to explain all the home and pet routines. During this time, we will take a mini tour of your home to see where your pet eats, sleeps and plays. Your sitter will also review the client profile, discuss your pet & home care needs, and review the Service Agreement and Cancellation Policy. It is important that the client completely fills out their Preregistration Form prior to the meeting. Consultations are complimentary only if services are contracted. Should services not be contracted, there is a $25 charge payable at the time of your consultation.
The first meeting typically lasts 20-30 minutes and is complimentary. If a second consultation is requested for any reason after the initial or you wish to meet with additional team member, we would be happy to stop by however there will be a fee of $15 per visit.
Two (2) copies of your house keys must be provided with payment in full. If you do not have two copies, you may purchase a Lock Box from us for $20.
For key pick-up or drop-off after the initial consultation, there is a fee of $10.00 for each trip to your home. For safety and security reasons, we will not leave keys on the counter or in an outdoor hiding spot.
Reservations & Online Scheduling:
- RESERVATIONS: Clients must use the online scheduling system to book their reservation. Your reservation is only confirmed when you have received a final confirmation via e-mail. Please note that scheduling is not automatic. Allow 12 hours for confirmations to be sent to your email address on file. We welcome last minute bookings and will do our best to accommodate your pet. But please understand that our schedule may already be filled. For holidays, please plan ahead so we don’t disappoint you. Please make certain your profile and pet care information is up-to-date. The information in the system is what we rely on. If you need to cancel, call the office. No exceptions.
- UPON ARRIVING BACK HOME: We ask that you kindly contact the office by text or by phone to let us know you have arrived home and your pet(s) are back in your care. Should we not hear from you, we will continue to visit, at the rate discussed, until contact has been made.
A $5.00 holiday surcharge ($10 per night for overnight visits) will be applied to each visit for major holidays. MAJOR HOLIDAYS consists of NY’s Eve, NY’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
We understand that plans can change. Since we adhere to a strict policy of NO OVERBOOKING, we will turn away business in order to accommodate your schedule. For ALL services listed below, if a cancellation has not been submitted and your sitter arrives at your home to provide care, only to find out we are not needed, your account will be charged the visit fee. Acts of God (weather, etc.) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- DOG WALKING SERVICES: Cancellations made after 8am on the day of a scheduled visit or series of visits are non-refundable/credited.
- VACATION VISITS: No charge. We only ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible if you need to change a previously scheduled service. (Exception: Holidays, See below)
- EARLY RETURNS: An early return does not constitute a refund or credit for services not used as sitters cannot be booked for other clients services.
- HOLIDAYS: Cancellations received within seven (7) days of your start date will have a cancellation fee of 50% of your invoice.
- DOG TRAINING: Cancellations received within 24 hours prior to scheduled session will be billed for the full visit less travel time.
- OTHER SERVICES: Cancellations received within 24 hours prior to service, will be billed for the full service.
Deposits & Payments:
- PAYMENT: Totally Tails Pet Care Services operates on a prepayment basis for all services. We ask that invoices be paid upon receipt through a credit or debit card. We accept MC & Visa. First time clients must make full payment during the consultation visit.
- DEPOSITS: We require a 50% DEPOSIT at the time of booking for all VISITS OVER THE HOLIDAY SEASON. The HOLIDAY SEASON includes:
- Thanksgiving Weekend – beginning Wednesday and extending through Sunday
- Christmas Week – beginning the Monday prior to Christmas and extending through New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day Weekend – beginning Friday and extending through Monday
- Fourth of July Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend – beginning Friday and extending through Monday
- LATE FEE & RETURNED CHECK FEE: All amounts unpaid after 30 days from the first day of service will incur an interest fee of 10% per month on outstanding balances. Please note, we will be unable to continue service with a client who is currently past due. Each check returned for NSF will incur a $25 service fee
While not expected, a gratuity is always appreciated. You may leave a cash tip on your counter for your sitter on the first day of service.
For vacation care, all dogs will be visited no less than every 12 hours, although three times a day is recommended. All cats and critters will be visited no less than once every 24 hours but we strongly recommend every 12 hours. No exceptions will be made.
We offer to send all our clients complimentary updates via email after every visit. The time/date that you receive the update is NOT an indication of the time/date that we visited your residence or provided care for your fur-babies. Also, please keep in mind that you may not receive updates for reasons such as service area restrictions, etc. from your provider.
Pet Accident Cleanup:
When booking two pet sitting visits or less per day with frequent and/or severe accidents occurring, additional rates may apply for cleanup, and we may require you to up your visits for the remainder of your booking.
Drying Dogs Off After Walks:
We live in the Pacific Northwest and that means rain and muddy paws and we do our best to towel off your dog. If you have any special instructions, please let us know.
During cold weather, we reserve the right to substitute walks with a potty break and indoor play. We take wind temperature, hazards, and your dogs reaction to the weather into consideration when we make the decision to substitute. These will be noted in your journal notes. During rainy weather, we will continue to walk your dog, even in pouring rain, if your dog will. If it is thundering, lighting, or hailing – we will either move your appointment time or substitute with potty break and indoor playtime. Regardless of weather, we will be there to care for your pet.
In order to ensure that all dogs on our excursions have a safe and fun time, we ask that every dog must:
- Exhibit positive social behavior with other dogs and people
- Have had up-to-date vaccinations
- Have a buckle, clip, or martingale collar (no choke chains or pinch collars)
- Have a valid license on their collar
- Female dogs in heat may not participate
Client Referral Program – Earn FREE Visit Credits:
Every time you refer someone to us, who utilizes any of our services, you will receive a $25 credit! It’s that easy! We will automatically apply it towards your next service and the best thing is, there is no limit!
Emergency Veterinary Care:
In the event of a medical emergency, Totally Tails Pet Care is authorized by client to seek emergency veterinary care with release from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense. Should specific veterinarian be unavailable, Totally Tails Pet Care/Sitter is authorized to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian.
Our regular business hours are Monday- Friday from 9am to 5pm. The office is closed on weekends and all Federal Holidays. When the office is closed, calls are monitored for pets in our immediate care and for emergencies. All other calls will be returned during our regular business hours.
Friends and Family Access:
We understand that your family and friends may want to check in on your pets while you are gone but we must know the names of those family and friends and the dates and time they are expected. If we arrive at your home and there is an unexpected person in your home, we will leave the premises and report our finding to the local authorities. Additionally, Totally Tails Pet Care is not responsible for any damages incurred to or in your home or to your pet during any time period that someone other than Totally Tails Pet Care has access to your home.
Last Minute Service:
Sometimes emergencies happen – our goal is to help you when you need it most, even at the last minute. However, do not assume that we have received your last minute request until you have received a confirmation. Reservation request that are submitted over a weekend will not be confirmed until Monday during our regular office hours.
It is the pet-owner’s sole responsibility to pet-proof any areas of the home and/or property to which the pet has access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors and other devices meant to keep the pet inside or away from any “forbidden” areas. The pet sitter does not assume and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain while in its own home.
We recognize that your privacy is important to you and your family. We will not, at any time, either directly or indirectly, use any information for our own benefit, disclose, or communicate, in any manner, any information to any third party.
Will I Keep The Same Pet Care Provider?
We definitely prefer to keep the same pet care provider assigned to your account each time, however, we also believe in a balance between work and life for our sitters. We encourage each provider to take two days off each week along with vacations. We do work together as a team and if an individual is not available, a fully trained and informed Totally Tails Pet Care pet care provider will always be available for back up. ALL of our pet care providers working under Totally Tails Pet Care are covered by our business liability insurance, are bonded and have passed a criminal background check. Remember, we only hire the best of the best so you can be assured your pets and home are in good hands!
Early AM/Late PM Drop-In Visits:
A $10.00 additional fee will be charged for visits scheduled between 8pm and 7am.