RATES & FEES
RATES & FEES
All of our rates and fees can be accessed through our website.
A $5.00 holiday surcharge ($10 per night for overnight visits) will be applied to each visit for major holidays. MAJOR HOLIDAYS consists of NY’s Eve, NY’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
Totally Tails Pet Care Services accepts payment via credit card through our secure merchant account. For your convenience we keep a credit card on file.
We will email your detailed service order for your review. You can let us know if there are any changes that need to be made to the order. Your card will be charged on the day of the start of your service.
We do not provide refunds, but will use the remaining amount as a credit balance on your account for future pet care needs. Your credits will expire after 6 months.
Our regular business hours are Monday- Friday from 9am to 5pm. The office is closed on weekends and all Federal Holidays. When the office is closed, calls are monitored for pets in our immediate care and for emergencies. All other calls will be returned during our regular business hours.
Your reservation is only confirmed when you have received a final invoice/confirmation via e-mail. To make a reservation you may use our on-line scheduling system, send us an email or call the office at 360-348-6561. Phone or text messages are not considered confirmations.
We adhere to a strict policy of NO OVERBOOKING. Therefore once you have contracted services we will turn away business in order to accommodate your schedule. You will be charged for all visits and overnights without proper notice of cancellation.
- DOG WALKING SERVICES: Prior to 8am on the day of a scheduled visit or series of visits.
- VACATION VISITS: No charge. We only ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible if you need to change a previously scheduled service. (Exception: Holidays, See below)
- EARLY RETURNS: An early return does not constitute a refund or credit for services not used as sitters cannot be booked for other clients services.
- OVERNIGHTS: 7 days notice of cancellation (50% of total with less than 7 days notice & 100% of total with less than 48 hours notice)
- HOLIDAYS: Cancellations received within seven (7) days of your start date will have a cancellation fee of 50% of your invoice.
- DOG TRAINING: 24 hours notice of cancellation
- OTHER SERVICES: 24 hours notice of cancellation
- If your sitter arrives at your home, only to find out we are not needed, your account will be charged the visit fee.
Morning and Evening visits occur between the hours of 7:00 and 9:00. Mid Day Walks occur between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm. Evening Visits are between 5 and 7 pm. Cats are always visited a minimum of once a day and dogs are visited a minimum of twice a day (12 hours apart). If you would like to reserve a specific time, $5 will be added to the cost of your visit.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY ACCESS
We understand that your friends and family may want to check in on your pets while you are away however our policy is to not provide “shared” pet care with outside services, friends, family, etc. It is of course nothing to do with your friends or family, it has to do with our insurance policy. It’s in place should anything happen with your house, or worse, something with your pet/s while they are in the care of your friends, or while they were in your home. Totally Tails Pet Care Services could be held liable, even though we were not responsible. We will not provide service for pets with another party. If we arrive at your home and there is an unexpected person in your home, we will leave the premises and report our findings to the local authorities. Additionally, Totally Tails Pet Care Services is not responsible for any damages incurred to or in your home or to your pet during any time period that anyone other than Totally Tails Per Care Services has access to your home.
LAST MINUTE SERVICE
Sometimes emergencies happen – our goal is to help you when you need it most, even at the last minute. However, do not assume that we have received your last minute request until you have received an invoice/confirmation via e-mail. A $10 fee will be applied to reservations made with less than 24 hours notice. Reservation request that are submitted over a weekend for Monday service will be charged the Late Booking Fee.
The goal of this meeting is to make sure both parties are a good fit and for the client to explain all the home and pet routines. During this time, we will take a mini tour of your home to see where your pet eats, sleeps and plays. Your sitter will also review the client profile, discuss your pet & home care needs, and review the Service Agreement and Cancellation Policy. It is important that the client completely fills out their Preregistration Form prior to the meeting. Consultations are complimentary only if services are contracted. Should services not be contracted, there is a $25 charge payable at the time of your consultation.
The first meeting typically lasts 20-30 minutes and is complimentary. If a second consultation is requested for any reason after the initial or you wish to meet with additional team member, we would be happy to stop by however there will be a fee of $15 per visit.
Two (2) copies of your house keys must be provided with payment in full. TT suggests you allow us to retain your keys for future service. If not, you may purchase a Lock Box from us for the wholesale price of $20 or you can schedule our key pick-up or drop-off service at $10 each way.
It is the pet-owner’s sole responsibility to pet-proof any areas of the home and/or property to which the pet has access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors and other devices meant to keep the pet inside or away from any “forbidden” areas. The pet sitter does not assume and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain while in its own home.
It is the pet owner’s responsibility to provide safe access to their home and within their home.
Totally Tails Pet Care Services reserves the right to adjust the thermostat, close/open windows (as long as it remains safe and secure), turn air conditioners & heaters on/off in ALL of our client’s home if our sitters feel the climate is posing a health risk to your pet/s in our care. Our staff will notify you if you are accessible.
PET ACCIDENT CLEANUP/ISSUES
When booking two pet sitting visits or less per day with frequent and/or severe accidents occurring, additional rates may apply for cleanup. We may also require you to up your visits for the remainder of your booking. In the case a visit may need to be extended, you will be billed for the amount of time.
We recognize that your privacy is important to you and your family. We will not, at any time, either directly or indirectly, use any information for our own benefit, disclose, or communicate, in any manner, any information to any third party.
Services: Personalized Pet Care Rate: Please review your invoice for your fees.
- Ground Rules: The term Totally Tails Pet Care Services as used herein refers to the officers, owners, principals, and employees of the company know as Totally Tails Pet Care Services and its authorized representatives.
- This contract authorizes Totally Tails Pet Care Services to enter the Client’s home to provide the services listed herein and on the invoice, which shall be an addendum to this service contract.
- Upon Client’s request to provide services in the future via phone, email, or the on-line scheduling system, Client agrees that this contract shall be renewed or extended in its entirety, without further written authorization. The term of said renewal shall coincide with the service dates as listed on the most recent of an email confirmation or an invoice.
- Totally Tails Pet Care Services agrees to provide the services stated herein in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services, and as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Totally Tails Pet Care Services unless arising from deliberate negligence on the part of Totally Tails Pet Care Services or their representative(s).
- If the pet(s) become ill and medical care is needed while under the care of Totally Tails Pet Care Services, Client authorizes Totally Tails Pet Care Services to transport the pet(s) to Client’s veterinarian (or one who is available). Client authorizes Totally Tails Pet Care Services to approve any emergency treatment recommended by said veterinarian as indicated on the Vet Release form. Client authorizes Totally Tails Pet Care Services to take Client’s pet(s) to an emergency clinic for animals when the Client’s veterinarian is not immediately available. Client further agrees to promptly reimburse Totally Tails Pet Care Services for any expenses incurred for emergency treatment. Client releases Totally Tails Pet Care Services from any and all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense resulting from emergencies.
- Client agrees to reimburse Totally Tails Pet Care Services for the purchase of materials necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties; and for any emergency expenses incurred resulting there from.
- If Client is delayed in returning home, Client agrees to notify Totally Tails Pet Care Services of such delay, and agrees to pay Totally Tails Pet Care Services for any additional visits required until their return.
- If Totally Tails Pet Care Services is locked out of Client’s home, Client gives authorization for a locksmith service to perform any entry services as deemed necessary for Totally Tails Pet Care Services to access the home. Client further agrees to promptly reimburse Totally Tails Pet Care Services for any expenses incurred due to Totally Tails Pet Care Services being locked out due to Client error. Totally Tails Pet Care Services will make every attempt to gain access to Client’s home before calling a locksmith.
- Client agrees to not solicit any of Totally Tails Pet Care Services’ employees (pet sitters, dog walkers, house sitters) or representatives for pet care, exclusive of Totally Tails Pet Care Services.
- Client agrees to inform Totally Tails Pet Care Services in the event that any of Totally Tails Pet Care Services employees (pet sitters, dog walkers, house sitters) or representatives solicits business from the client.
- In the event of inclement weather, natural disaster, injury or death of a pet(s) due to natural causes, Totally Tails Pet Care Services is entrusted to use their best judgement in caring for pets and home. Pet Sitter/Totally Tails Pet Care Services will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
- Totally Tails Pet Care Services recommends that Client’s pet(s) should be current on vaccinations. Client shall pay all cost and damages incurred by any party bitten or injured by Client’s pet(s) or exposed to an illness carried by Client’s pet(s). Totally Tails Pet Care Services shall not be liable for the acts of one pets against another or for property damage caused by Client’s pet(s). Totally Tails Pet Care Services shall not be liable for the health, safety, or well-being of any pet(s) allowed, per Client’s request, to leave the confines of the house or yard.
- Pet Sitter/Totally Tails Pet Care Services agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, CLIENT EXPRESSLY WAIVES AND RELINQUISHES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST PET FOR LIABILITY, INCLUDING FOR LOSS, INJURY, OR DEATH TO CLIENT’S PET(S), EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM NEGLIGENT AND WILLFULL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/Totally Tails Pet Care Services.
- Totally Tails Pet Care Services staff work as a team for a work/life balance. If, for any reason (illness, emergency, day off, vacation, etc), the assigned primary staff is unable to perform the visit, the Client authorizes Totally Tails Pet Care Services to arrange for another qualified staff member to fulfill the responsibilities as set forth on this agreement without notice.
- Client hereby authorizes use of pet photos taken by Pet Sitter/Totally Tails Pet Care Services to be used for marketing purposes only: Totally Tails Pet Care Services website, marketing materials and/or social media accounts.
- Totally Tails Pet Care Services reserves the right to increase its standard fee rates at any time without notice.
- The Client fully understands the contents of this contract and agrees to pre-pay the total fees for services stated herein, and to pay any additional charges due when the service has been completed. In the event any part of this contract shall be determined to be invalid it shall have no bearing on any other part of this contract.
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking serving Arlington, Camano Island, Marysville & Stanwood, WA.